Table of Contents
Release Note of Ubuntu 15.04 (v1.0)
|Release Type||First Release|
New from previous versions
- Ubuntu 15.04
- Kernel 3.10.72
- Mate Desktop (V1.8.2)
- Kernel updates can be performed with apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
- Mali-T628 GPU driver is updated to r5p1 from r4p0.
- Merged Wifi Drivers from 3.18 (Kernel Backports) (Fixes Wifi Module #4 compatibility issue)
- AX88179 GBit Ethernet driver is updated to support the TSO option
- RTL8153 GBit Ethernet driver is enabled
- USB 2.0 host driver initialization code is added
- Disable the software compositing for faster EGL rendering.
- ioboard_bh1780, ioboard_bmp180 and ioboard_keyled drivers are listed in the /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf by default
- EnergyMonitor is updated to V1.2 to fix the wrong display of frequencies.
- Mali r5p1 driver has an issue on eglConfigAttrib preventing some applications to run properly.
- OpenGL ES 3.1 API doesn't work yet
- Mali fbdev performance is still very low.
- First image release.
- Tons of issues unsubscribed.
GPU acceleration on the Chromium Web browser
Edit /etc/chromium-browser/default like this:
CHROMIUM_FLAGS=" --use-gl=egl --ignore-gpu-blacklist --disable-accelerated-2d-canvas --num-raster-threads=2"
You can see much smoother HTML rendering. Try this link to test the Webgl on the ODROID. Webgl demo
Tip: When you exit the full-screen mode, the screens goes just black from time to time.
Press “Ctrl-Alt-F2” and “Ctrl-Alt-F7” as a workaround.
If you use the latest Chromium Ver 43 or higher, the hardware acceleration doesn't work if don't enable it manually.
Enter this in the URL box of the Chromium.
And click “Show advanced settings…” in the bottom side.
Check “System - Use hardware acceleration when available” and restart the Chromium.
Kodi crashing when exit
The Kodi(xbmc) crashes when exit.
Workaround : Open a virtual terminal (ctrl-alt-F2) and kill it.
- killall -9 kodi.bin
And return to desktop (ctrl-alt-F7)
All source code used can be found here: https://github.com/mdrjr/5422_BSP
This guide is only for the NATIVE BUILD.
$ git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/hardkernel/linux -b odroidxu3-3.10.y $ cd linux $ make odroidxu3_defconfig $ make -j9 $ sudo make modules_install $ sudo cp arch/arm/boot/zImage /media/boot $ sudo cp arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5422-odroidxu3.dtb /media/boot