Table of Contents
XU3/XU4 eMMC Bootloader Recovery
Recoverying with Recovery image
- Download Recovery Image file.
- Unzip with 7-Zip (Windows) or Linux using “xz -d”
- Prepare a microSD card and flash the attached image. flashing → refer this link
- Connect both the eMMC and MicroSD to XU3
- Set the dip-switchs near the ethernet Jack to “SD boot mode” (Make sure CCI is ON). Boot mode configuration → refer this link
- Connect Power and watch the LED status
- One the Green led goes out and only RED is on. This may take 40seconds ~ 3minutes. And remove the power supply.
- Set the dip switchs back to eMMC. Boot mode configuration → refer this link
- Remove the microSD card
- Proceed with normal power up with your peripherals attached.
- After checking the Android on eMMC, you can install other Linux OS images on the eMMC later.
Recoverying eMMC with Micro SD card
This instruction requires USB-UART and terminal application on your desktop.
- Set the switch (SW1) to boot with MicroSD on the board
- Insert the Micro SD flashed with booting image into its slot and power on. You must stop at U-boot once the board is started.
- Invoke the commands below to copy the boot loader image from Micro SD to eMMC. Once copying is done, set the switch (SW) to see if the board can boot with eMMC.
Exynos5422 # run copy_uboot_sd2emmc