Table of Contents
U3 eMMC Bootloader Recovery
Case 1: Using the Recovery image
- Download Recovery Image file.
- Unzip with 7-Zip (Windows) or Linux using “xz -d”
- Prepare a microSD card and flash the attached image. flashing → refer this link
- Boot with the microSD without eMMC.
- Turn on U2/U3 and wait a few seconds and blue LED will blink.
- Plug your eMMC module into U2/U3
- Plug micro-USB cable into U2/U3 and connect other side to your PC USB host or ODROID's USB host port. (This is a trigger to start the recovery)
- After recovery process (only a few seconds), the blue LED will turn off automatically.
- Finish. Install OS on your eMMC with as usual.
Case 2 : Boot from SD card and access the eMMC
You need the USB-UART and serial terminal program like a Putty.
1. Boot the board with a Ubuntu SD Card without eMMC.
2. Enter into the u-boot prompt by Enter key or Space key in 3 seconds.
3. Install the eMMC module on the board.
4. Issue a command to connect the eMMC.
Exynos4412 # movi init 1
5. Copy the boot code from SD to eMMC.
Exynos4412 # run copy_uboot_sd2emmc
6. Remove the SD card and power on with the eMMC. The Blue LED should be on by eMMC boot loader.