Table of Contents
Release Note of Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS (v1.2)
- Merged all 3.10 LTS patches up to 3.10.64
- Several Patch's to improve Video Decoder
- Added the following resolutions: 800×480, 800×600, 1024×600, 1024×768, 1360×768, 1366×768, 1440×900, 1600×900 and 1680×1050.
- De-list a unused PCM on ALSA
- Merge part of mlinuxguy improvements to ethernet
- Moved the USB driver IRQ's to CPU3
- Disabled un-used UART's
- Added support for ODROID-C1 3.2" SPI LCD Shield
- Enabled USB Printers support
- Fixed an invalid clock divider for 800×480 (Fixes Adafruit HDMI kits)
- Added support for si1132 and si702x sensors on the WeatherBoard
- Fixed the way that mac address logic is handled (Fixes customers with duplicated mac's)
- Bumped the CPU Frequency from 1.48Ghz to 1.536Ghz
- Added Overclock support
- Updated all packages as 20150119 (Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS)
- Fixed the USB Audio issue with Pulseaudio
- All utilities/tools related to ODROID can now be upgraded using “apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade” that includes kernel. ODROID Utility shouldn't be used for kernel updates anymore.
- Updated Kodi to version 15 with H265/H264/MPEG4/MPEG2/VC1 support and several small bugfixes.
- HDMI and VPU can be enabled/disabled on boot.ini
- Ethernet is by default limited to 100M you can change that on /etc/rc.local
- EXT2/4 file system can not be accessible on U-boot.
- FAT16/32 can be supported on U-boot.
- Tons of issues unsubscribed.
- No CEC support on XBMC/Kodi
- Ethernet still with issues while running at 1000Mbps with some switches, mostly Switches using Atheros phy's causes the issue.
Upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2
It's possible to upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2 using this:
curl -s deb.odroid.in/v1.1_to_v1.2.sh | sudo bash
How to checkout
This guide is only for the NATIVE BUILD.
$ git clone https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot.git -b odroidc-v2011.03 $ cd u-boot $ make odroidc_config $ make
$ git clone https://github.com/hardkernel/linux -b odroidc-3.10.y $ cd linux $ make odroidc_defconfig $ make uImage modules $ make dtbs $ sudo make modules_install $ sudo cp arch/arm/boot/uImage /media/boot $ sudo cp arch/arm/boot/dts/meson8b_odroidc.dtb /media/boot